Friday, October 8, 2010

Where's Our Treasures?

Where's Our Treasures?

Matthew 6:19-21
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

I was going to use Matthew 6:25, the Do Not Worry scripture, but the Lord asked me, "where's your heart?" He asked me this because when I was in my prayer corner complaining and not being grateful of what I have been blessed with, and not really wanting to know where my heart is. The Lord showed me my heart through Scripture. I proceeded to tell the Lord that I wanted to have fancy clothes, beautiful jewelry (diamonds and such), a fancy car, but the Holy Spirit stopped me in my tracks and showed me that my wants are nothing. The Bible tells us if we seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
I may not have a Mansion on the hill or even a home on the hill or fancy clothes or fancy jewelry or my fancy car that I have always dreamed of, but do know what I have. I have clothes on my back, food in my stomach, a roof over my head, and a car to drive. All my needs are provided. He will never leave me nor forsake me and He's proven Himself to be true. So where is my (our) heart? I repented of being ungrateful and just being a spoiled rotten brat. I know where my heart is now.

Lord, help us all to have a grateful heart. To see God that You love us very much. In Jesus' Name, Amen!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment