Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Why Do We Gossip?

WHY DO WE GOSSIP?

Earlier today I was in prayer and I asked the Lord, "why do people gossip?" you know our God is faithful? He answers us, and He answered me.

This is His answer to me:

James 3:6-And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.

James 3:8-But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

James 3:9-With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse man, who have been made in the similitude of God.

Jeremiah 17:9-"The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked; who can know it?

In the next Scripture tells us who knows our hearts.

Jeremiah 17:10-I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give every man according to his ways according to the fruit of his doings.

I would love to stop right here because I'm pretty well convicted, but I can't.
The Lord has showed me that gossipers has the spirit of division,
Proverbs 16:28-A perverse man sows strife and a whisperer separates the best of friends.

God is extremely good and He will help us with our tongue if we want Him to.
The Lord revealed something to me when I was writing this, in James 3:9 the word similitude is used, that word means likeness, so when we gossip about our sisters or brothers we doing that to Jesus.
I believe another reason why people gossip is, they do it from wounded a heart.

There is a couple of ways that you know someone is gossiping about you:

1- Prayer: The Bible tells us that He will show us mysteries. And I believe He tells us if someone is gossiping about us.

2-Body language: Your body never lies.

1 comment: