Saturday, March 27, 2010

I am Learning!

Philippians 4:12
I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

I did something that I didn't think I would have to do since I started to drive, walk to the store to pick up a few things for dinner. I have been driving since Charisse was about 6 months old and before driving I took the bus everywhere or walked. But today I had to make a choice, either walk to the store or don't go to Church, I probably would go to Church with Charisse of course. As I was walking to the store I was thinking, "I feel as if I've been reduced to not driving to the store," but I really had to stop myself from thinking like that. I started to think about Philippians 4:12, Paul learned how to be in want and to have everything, I'm learning the same. I went from having a DVR to no cable, but they're just material things, aren't they? The Lord said that these things will just fade and shatter. As I was walking home from the store I looking at the beautiful mountains and got me thinking ( you do a lot of thinking when walking) the Lord spoke all this into existence, there is nothing too impossible for Him.

When I was walking to the store there's a few things that I like about walking:

1. I get see a lot more then if I was driving.
2. I get to talk to people about the Lord, and that's exciting.
3. I don't have to pull over for the Fire trucks and Ambulance's.

1 comment: